Wednesday, April 29, 2009
40 YEARS
We have celebrated 40 years of wedded bliss!! Well at least mostly bliss. We were on our way to South Carolina that day. You know me, I wanted to celebrate all day. We had the free breakfast at the motel and I was hoping to have lunch someplace cool. Well best laid plans! We shared an individual pan pizza at the timeshare. We did have special plans for the evening. We met with friends and had dinner at a restaurant that we had not been to in a long time. It was really very good. With the economic times and the fact that we did go out of town, we did not indulge in lavish gifts. I gave John a book. Granted, it is one that he would have eventually bought himself and he is already reading it. He gave me a gold chain. Earlier in the year, I had taken several stones from various pieces of jewelry (a great-aunt's and my mother's) and had them put in one setting. I did not have a chain to use so now I have one. It was very thoughtful of him to do this. We are enjoying the great weather and the relaxed life style (well almost relaxed - we have played golf the two days we have been here). Our friends are leaving in a few days and then there were two!!!. I know that this is riveting stuff. I am typing on a smaller computer and my fingers slip a lot and so I think that is all for now. My next posting will have pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Anniversary! It is a good week to be gone. The temp today is 52 and the wind is out of the North. No golf here!
ReplyDelete