I am actually updating this blog in less than a week. It has been a fairly busy week but it did not include a trip to see the grandkids. I missed that. I played golf in a 2 day tournament and played poorly. It was a two day member-member. For you non golfers that means that I played with a partner, a good friend Laurie. The bad part about my poor playing was that I actually helped out on 7 holes the second day. Needless to say, we were in last place. I somehow have to get past the poor playing and learn to just enjoy golf. My mother during her last year wanted me to play more golf and enjoy it. For her I am trying to do just that. It is very hard to have fun when you totally suck at something but I am working on learning how. On another front, I actually did some manual labor. We split a delivery of mulch with our neighbors. So Friday I shoveled mulch into the wheel barrow and then spread it around some of the beds. It was such a novel thing to see that the neighbors on both sides of us came out to watch me. Not really since we were all working on spreading mulch but I seldom do things like this. We celebrated my best friend's birthday last night and we will play golf with them on Sunday barring any rain or negative weather. I also stopped by to chat with Kathy who is recovering from a visit to the hospital and since she is a new friend, I really enjoyed the visit. She learned more about me than I did about her but I will "grill" her the next time I visit. The Gartenmeister was out this week and did some plantings. I am going to take some pictures and add them to the blog today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I saw you working hard when I drove by on Friday. The gardens look nice. I can relate to the bad golf on Thursday too.
ReplyDeleteLinda