Friday, August 21, 2009


This past Wednesday was our golf league's Bring A Friend Day. The theme was Motown and so my foursome dressed up in "Dream Girl" wigs and colorful tee shirts. It is amazing what a change in hair color will do. These were very cheap wigs ($12.00) and when you looked close they had that shiny one color cheap look. The day was great except that my partner's guest was in a car accident on the way to the course and totaled her car. She was not able to make it although she is ok. Things like that bring everyone back to reality and so we just had fun with the day. There were plenty of fun things to do on the course, a dance contest with a member of each foursome participating and the lunch was fun. Today we went to see "Julie and Julia". I really liked the movie. I did not know much about Julia Childs before this - nothing of her early life before she became a television chef. It was really funny. At one point when Julie was talking about how she must have ADD and her husband chimed in exclaiming that must be the reason she had trouble with house cleaning, John leaned over and said asked me if this was my biography. I always have trouble finishing things so I really related. I did think that it was admirable that she was able to cook a new recipe every night. That is difficult to do and it was always French. It seems that the summer has passed by quickly and in just a week kids will be heading back to school. The locusts have become very loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment