Wednesday, June 16, 2010

AND THE BEAT GOES ON

"Vistors' footfalls are like medicine; they heal the sick."
Bantu Proverb

And the beat goes on (literally and thankfully). While I do post on the blogs my shared feelings and thoughts, I am normally reticent when it comes to serious things and the unknown and uncontrolled. I found myself in that position when after John tore his meniscus and had an appointment for his arthoscopic surgery, he flunked his pre-op EKG. So last week found us at the hospital while John had a cardioversion. His irregular heartbeat got back on track and now we await a stress test and then a decision on the surgery. You have to understand that he is not the one who should have problems. I reserve that right. I do not like that he is vulnerable to the realities of life. His parents continue to adjust to their independent living surroundings. We all continue to try to clear out their house and distribute their possessions. It is not an easy task and I really have no voice in any of it. I try to help with the logistics and organization part but for the most part have to keep quiet. I am going to be sitting tomorrow with a friend who has leukemia and is receiving her monthly chemo treatment. It is just for 3 hours. On another sad note another friend is facing a long fight against cancer. This is in the form of a brain tumor. Other than prayer and positive thoughts there is not much I can do since they do not live close. I have not really played golf. My game is terrible and I have no heart for it. Yesterday while having my teeth cleaned, my hygienist said that her 90 year old father still shoots 45 for 9 holes. Yikes!! Right now I cannot shoot 45 for 9 holes. I think I need an attitude adjustment. I am just a bit too down. This Father's Day is going to be a bit tough for me. Normally I deal with the loss of my father and Father's Day without any problem. This year however it comes on the same day as the 2nd anniversary as my mother's death. I just feel a little melancholy. It will pass and I think that when I can get past the day my dark attitude will lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment