Sunday, August 29, 2010

SQUIRELS ARE STUPID


As I was having my coffee on the porch yesterday morning, there was a flutter of something in my peripheral vision. I looked up in time to see a hawk swooping down on a squirrel. Now we have since been told that a cooper's hawk will not go after a squirrel preferring small birds instead. I grabbed my camera and moved into the family room to have a better look. The squirrel had a nut in his/her mouth. The hawk sat in the tree watching it. The squirrel actually climbed up into the same tree and was just a branch or two away from the hawk. The squirrel then left the tree and moved over by the house just out of my sight BUT the hawk swooped down from the tree and went after it. lf I were the squirrel, I would have headed for the blue spruce and stayed hidden until the hawk left. I am sure that the weight of the squirrel is too much for a hawk but still..........

No comments:

Post a Comment