Sunday, March 6, 2011

MARCH



We awoke this morning to a scene more deserving in December than March. It was very beautiful and I was glad to sit inside and look. JR subscribes to the theory that God makes the snow and He can make it melt away (especially at this time of the year) It was gone by the afternoon. Today is the birthday of one of our friends and we had his wife and him over for dinner as well as another couple. We tried a couple of new recipes and they were ok. The blue cheese bruschetta on the steak would be better warm. It cooled the steak down too much. I baked a white cake from scratch but found out that the double acting baking powder should really be less than a year old! The cake had great flavor but each layer was only about an inch high. The filling was really good though and so that part is a keeper. I purchased half a cake to serve for dessert. Monday is back to work and another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment