I know it sounds corny but this year when I realized that February had 29 days I thought how often do we say "if I could only have an extra day to do things?" I decided that I was going to celebrate Leap Day. I took the day off from work (not a stretch since I am not scheduled 5 days do to the problem of overtime and I want to pick my day off). I decided to have dinner with friends here at the house. I play bridge on Wednesdays in the afternoon from 1-3 and thought I could even maybe do something fun in the morning. Well, it did not turn out quite like I thought. The main change was that H&R Block decided to have a customer appreciation day and I really did feel like I should participate. So I worked from 8:30am until around 12:20pm. I left work, grabbed lunch and went to bridge. I then came home and dusted and worked on the dinner. Luckily JR cooks and vacuums and thus is a big help to me. I set up the table on Sunday and I think that everything is coming together well. The day started with a chilly heavy rain but ended with sun and temps in the high 50's. The cards were good at bridge and the laughter flowed. So all in all a good day and I am glad that I chose to do it. It is not yet the dinner hour so hopefully everything will go smoothly. I am included two pictures, one of the beautiful weather and one of my table. The flowers are tulips in case you wonder.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
HAPPY LEAP DAY
I know it sounds corny but this year when I realized that February had 29 days I thought how often do we say "if I could only have an extra day to do things?" I decided that I was going to celebrate Leap Day. I took the day off from work (not a stretch since I am not scheduled 5 days do to the problem of overtime and I want to pick my day off). I decided to have dinner with friends here at the house. I play bridge on Wednesdays in the afternoon from 1-3 and thought I could even maybe do something fun in the morning. Well, it did not turn out quite like I thought. The main change was that H&R Block decided to have a customer appreciation day and I really did feel like I should participate. So I worked from 8:30am until around 12:20pm. I left work, grabbed lunch and went to bridge. I then came home and dusted and worked on the dinner. Luckily JR cooks and vacuums and thus is a big help to me. I set up the table on Sunday and I think that everything is coming together well. The day started with a chilly heavy rain but ended with sun and temps in the high 50's. The cards were good at bridge and the laughter flowed. So all in all a good day and I am glad that I chose to do it. It is not yet the dinner hour so hopefully everything will go smoothly. I am included two pictures, one of the beautiful weather and one of my table. The flowers are tulips in case you wonder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment