Thursday, July 5, 2012

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

I do love the 4th of July.  This one is my favorite of the summer holidays.  Everyone was up here on Saturday but our son had to work Monday and so left with the dogs on Sunday.  Sunday night was supposed to be the club's cookout and fireworks display but Mother Nature had other plans.  The storm hit about 1 1/2 hours prior to the picnic start time and to be honest that was a good thing.  Otherwise there would have been around 800+ soaked people trying to either go home or get out of the rain plus very soggy food.  The food had not been set out yet.  There was quite a bit of hail and the grandkids had not really seen much hail so I brought some in for them to feel.  Several of the neighbors had firework displays so at least some was seen.  The kids played two holes of golf with their new clubs.  "Bob" went fishing and caught a nice bass and then we settled down and played some board games (I think JR thinks that they are "bored" games.  We played Connect 4 and Club.  "Bob" thought Col. Mustard (aka JR) and lo and behold he was right.  I took everyone home on Monday and was back in time to go to the retooled cook-out and fireworks display.  All in all a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment