It has been a few days since I last posted. I had wanted to get a particular picture to post and that has not happened. I do have a new picture of my granddog. We had her for about 1 1/2 weeks and then we gave her back. She was a delight. The only negative was that she got us up at about 5:30am so she could go outside and play with the ducks! She does not have ducks at home except for the yellow rubber variety. She also had fun chasing the squirrel up a tree. The picture I am including is during that time. She was delighted to get home. As soon as Brent drove up beside us, she had her paws on the back of the van ready to get in. Once we put her bed in the van, she laid down and was sound asleep. It is good when grandkids and granddogs come to Grandma's and go home happy and tired. There is not much else new. I still struggle with golf. The ladies league is trying to speed up play and to accomplish that end they want to encourage players to let slower players go through the group if they are behind (isn't that the way it has always been?) and in our major tournaments they are threatening to levy 2 stroke penalties on the entire group if they are more than two holes behind. That is somewhat easy to do with tee-times but there are too many variables when there is a shot-gun start. I have real problems with the whole thing, especially when we only have about 20 - 30 (at the most) players on any given day. Granted, I get bored and lose interest when I am out on the course for more than about 4 1/2 hours. We are to supposed to play in 3 hours 54 minutes. There are so many other more serious things in the world right now though than a bunch of women taking too long to play golf! It just seems trivial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment