Thursday, December 31, 2009

COMPLETIONS

Colossians 1: 12-17
12: "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, and patience.......14: And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony".

This was in my church's weekly devotional guide as a letter from the pastor. She compared it to putting on clothes. We should try to "wear" compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, patience and love during the new year. I really liked this idea and will try to reflect all of these ideals.
I actually was able to complete several things this week. Even though it is not the new year yet maybe this will bode well for me. I finished knitting a blanket for my granddaughter that I started soon after she was born. It was originally to be a crib blanket but turned into a blanket for a twin bed. I know that at 4 she does not appreciate it now but hopefully will someday. I also was able to print the pictures and script from the 5 Christmas Bears story and put it together into a book. I also took two jackets to have the sleeves shortened and while that sounds lame one jacket is 4-5 years old so finally I have something new to wear to work. I also shortened a pair of pants and a top myself. I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve and a happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment