Sunday, February 2, 2014

WEEK 2 DONE

As I mentioned last week, I work extra hours these couple weeks. This past week I worked 53 hours. Today however I am enjoying a day off. It is almost 2pm and I am still not dressed. I will be ready in time for the Super Bowl. We are going to a friend's house and it will be fun. On another note, one of my pet peeves is the way information is disseminated. Last week a dear lady passed away. Granted, we were not close friends but friends nevertheless and neighbors. We found out almost by accident. Being the person that I am, I started contacting people to let them know of her passing only to find out that most already knew. I was hurt, frustrated and to be honest - angry that no one thought of us. This also happened a short while ago and I found out about a friend's mother passing on the day of the funeral!! I was able to go to the funeral but again I was upset. I guess people think that things like this are personal and only to be marginally shared. The last I heard though, death is a constant. I would much rather hear about the passing of someone instead of running into the surviving spouse and say "how is ....." only to be told, "Oh she died last week". I know this is not going to change. Sometimes I think that people do not share with me because I am not a gossip and rarely share stories about people. Therefore, I am off everyone's radar. I know I have to just buck up but it still was disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment