Sunday, January 24, 2016
WINTER
Well, the holiday season is well over and as you can see, I have not been blogging. I had been trying to blog about food but I must say that our eating habits in January have not been stellar. I go back to work in January and usually the other half picks up the cooking. I noticed last year that his creativeness was waning. This year is no different so I am stuck planning the meals. I try to aim for a variety of meals (usually unsuccessfully). One night each of chicken, pork, beef, fish, meatless and maybe gluten free. The one problem is that my spouse is not a big fan of the meatless night and tries (usually successfully) to sneak in a meat. Tomorrow I am planning a crock pot dish. I have made this for years. It is beef (usually a round steak or roast), a package of Lipton's Onion Soup, a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup and 1/4 C of water. Mix everything together and pour it over cut up beef and cook for about 8 hours. You can serve it over noodles or mashed potatoes and I always choose noodles. There should be enough left over to make either a shepard's pie or open-face roast beef sandwiches. Right now that is as far as I have gone in the menue planning stage. We have been going to a local bar on Tuesday nights with friends but oddly have not really been eating out. I think that once I am home from work, I am not interested in going out to eat. It saves us money so that part is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment