Sunday, January 25, 2009

Late Night Visitors


"Honesty is contagious, just like dishonesty is contagious. We need more honesty in the world." from Mediatations For WOMEN Who Do Too Much by Anne Wilson Schaef.

The other night there were two deer in our yard around 8:30pm. John woke me from a sound sleep at 12:30am to see four deer in the yard. I woke up around 3:30am and two of the deer were bedded down by the house. One was right next to a bush that is right up against the house. The deer prints were taken from the deck and they lead to the beds by the house. I have always been amazed that they feel safe enough in my yard to bed down. Usually they stay for about two hours. In keeping with my goal of reading some poetry this winter I read Love's Philosophy by Percy Bysshe Shelley. It talks about that nothing in the world is single: rivers mingle with oceans, mountains kiss high heaven etc. The last four lines of the first stanza are:

"Nothing in the world is single
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle:-
Why not I with thine?"

I will not put any OSU trivia in this posting. There is probably enough in it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment