Friday, March 13, 2009





It has been over a week since the last posting. We were in Scottsdale Arizona and believe it or not, there was no free high speed Internet service in the condo. I kept meaning to go to Starbucks and update the blog there but never made it. I will try to catch up. The weather the whole week was better than predicted. It was basically in the mid 70's with mornings and evenings much cooler. From the bottom up, the first picture I have is my first golf hole for the 2009 golf season and the next picture is my first drive. We played a course for just $25.00. It was 5300 yards for women and that was perfect to start the season. We were plopped down in the middle of a shot-gun start so the hole in the picture is actually number 13. I had not played nor swung a club in over 4 months so all things considered, I played well. The greens were fast and fun to putt. The first 6 holes took us about 1 1/2 to play and I thought "oh no, a 6 hour round". The groups ahead of us only played about 9 or 10 holes and we actually finished in about 4 hours 10 minutes. The top picture was taken at Canyon Lake on the Apache Trail. That was the first day and I made John drive the desert equivalent of the Northern California Pacific Highway. LOTS of twists and turns. That was our first day and luckily it got better from there on. He does not like those kinds of drives.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    It was great to see your update. We played our first golf of 2009 this week too. It just makes me more anxious for our season to start. Steve is back this week and I will be back on Friday.

    ReplyDelete