This is one of those postings that has me somewhat whining. I got the bug last week and spent the better part of the week coughing and feeling miserable. I went to the doctor on Friday knowing that I had a big weekend coming up and just checking in to make sure I was on target and that my lungs were relatively clear. He said drink lots of fluids, "rest"! and prescribed an inhaler. Saturday we were gone from 9am to midnight (so much for rest) and Sunday we played golf. On Saturday my daughter-in-law took both her mother and me to lunch and to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert for our birthdays. The first part of the performance was Christmas oriented and to be honest I was not able to follow the storyline and the music was ok but felt long. At the intermission (I thought the performance was over) they introduced the members and then said enjoy the second half of the show. Well! I was not looking forward to it but the second half was absolutely awesome. They combined classical pieces with incredible lasers and lights to create an almost heavy metal concert feeling. Granted, I never went to a heavy metal show but it must be similar. Two pieces that were fabulous were Canon in D and Carmina Burana. I was awe-struck. On Sunday we were supposed to play a scramble with three other couples with mixing up the couples (this is where the whining comes in). I had agreed to play only because it was going to be a scramble and I knew that I would not have to play every shot. Well unfortunately someone decided to do a 2 best ball with one score from the men and one from the women. I had a dilemma. We were playing with a couple that I did not know well. I felt that I could not just go home so I played. It was incredibly ugly golf (we did not use my score on any holes), very depressing and physically more that I could manage. I felt terrible that I was not able to be more cheerful and peppy. The good news is that all three teams tied!! So at least I did not cost my partners any money. We then met at one of the houses for chili (two kinds), cornbread and wine, I brought my own Pepsi One. It was JR's birthday and I know he enjoyed being out and not having to cook his own dinner. I am going to hang up the clubs for the year. The golf has ceased to be fun and if we get nice days I will find another way to get fresh air and exercise. My small camera is not very good but you can admire the colors, the red in the berries and the incredibly blue sky. Not bad for November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment