To be honest there are not many words regarding Christmas that begin with Q. I chose quiet for a few reasons. When a good snow falls the world seems to become quiet. The snow absorbs sounds and lends itself to being peaceful and quiet outside. Of course if you are on the roads and there is a lot of snow it is everything but quiet and peaceful. I am really talking about back yards. That is sort of the feel on Christmas Eve. Granted those making Christmas Eve suppers are anything but quiet but there is a gentle peacefulness when everything is done, bought, wrapped, baked and mailed. The song of the day is "Silent Night, Holy Night". I had always thought that it was written by a German and first performed in a Lutheran Church on Christmas Eve. The lyrics were were by an Austrian priests Joseph Mohr and the melody was composed by Franz Xavel Gruber to be played on the guitar. It was first played Christmas Eve 1818.
Song of the Day: "Silent Night, Holy Night" by Toby Keith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment