Sunday, December 16, 2012

CHRISTMAS PLAY

This past Thursday night we were in the elementary school auditorium for our granddaughter's school Christmas play.  To be honest, I have no idea what the play was about.  I do know that it had something to do with a Christmas tree without lights and a bunch of bugs.  Miss E was a hornet resplendent with yellow duct tape stripes and really cool wings.  Unfortunately I was unable to capture some of the more expressive facial expressions but believe me, she was terrific and wonderful to watch.  This music teacher did an amazing job and the songs were great.  So we drove 2 1/2 hours for a 2 hour visit, a 1/2 hour play and then 2 1/2 hours back.  But, it was worth it. 

The evening is bittersweet when you think of the tragedy that happened on Friday.  All those beautiful children gone.  I just love my grandchildren so much, it is heartbreaking to think of what happened in Connecticut.  May God be with those parents and relatives of the the children and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment