

Today is Christmas Day. It has been very busy all day. Most Christmas Days have been good. One year before our son was born, I worked Christmas Eve from 7-3. We then jumped in the car and drove to Akron and spent the night at my parents. In the morning we opened gifts, packed them up and drove to Columbus to celebrate Christmas with John's side of the family. We then packed up the gifts and drove home and I went to work the next day. I said that was the last time for that. When we unpacked the gifts, there was one for my father-in-law that never made it out of the trunk. John's grandparents had a silver tree. You know the one with the rotating color wheel? I had a picture of it and now have to find it again. My computer is giving me hissy-fits and so I will not be able to post some of the pictures that I wanted. Instead I will post some of our son older and one of my parents taken the year before my father died.
One last comment about Christmas Day. As I have already stated, my father was dying twenty one years ago on Christmas Eve. He did pass away on Christmas Day. For quite awhile it changed the dynamic of Christmas and just recently have I been able to completly enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment